Tuesday 15 October 2013

Think Maths

I am fascinated with helping my learners love maths as much as I do. I am a big believer in encouraging learners to play fun maths games online and make use of task cards and board/card games. I think that the more learning that is done through play, the more the love of learning grows. 

I also think that peer teaching and group work are excellent ways of making maths more exciting and allows learners to explore their own knowledge as well as learn from other learner's understanding.

However, I always think it is difficult to find fun and interesting maths sums to pose to the learners for them to grapple with individually. I found this wonderful example (on Pintrest) of flipping the problem around and getting the learners to pose the question.

 

1 comment:

  1. Hi Diane, that is an fun and inquisitive way to get learners to solve maths problems. Thanks for that!

    ReplyDelete